Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July in France

Alright well now that its Wednesday I am finally fully functioning after last weekend in France. (it was completely nuts) I have completely fallen in love with the people in my program, Barca and this lifestyle in general. Someone wise (Cait) once told me that it would probably take about a month to get over being homesick and to begin to really embrace life here. Well I got here on June 2 and by July 4th I was ready to never leave again!

Since the beginning life here has been non-stop..... go, go, go......and it picked up even more this past week slash weekend. Let's just say that when I go home I will have to hibernate for at least 8 months. I need to catch up on all the sleep that I am not getting here!

Last week we went to a MJ tribute party at this club called Shoko on Tuesday night. (It's a club right on the beach and its amazing) It was so much fun and I felt really lucky to have at least caught the 3:05 am bus home (believe me that's a feat to catch that one.....considering the club does not ever really shut down). So that was a great night of 4 hours of sleep before work on Thursday.

Thursday after work I met up with Jeff Poe who was in Barca doing his Eurotrip!! I was sooooo happy to see a friendly face over here. We had been trying to meet up for days but since neither of us had phones and he was staying at a hostel without WIFI....we were really having problems. I met him and his five friends at Agua, a delicious seaside seafood restaurant and we had a blast eating a 5 hour, 3 course meal just like the real Spaniards do! It was so much fun, we had some vino, traditional Spanish tapas like calamari, churizo, spicy potatoes and praws and then I had ahi tuna for my entree. Delic! Then we had after dinner drinks to top it all off. It was just so good seeing Jeff and meeting his friends....and speaking English....and eating a great meal....overlooking the sea.

Friday I finished up my last day of the work week so excited for the weekend!! We all (by all I mean all the Dreamers) went to a bar called Pippermint. It's kinda a tourist/American bar (which I love and have no problem with) and they serve really really really ridiculously big drinks! I mean we split a 13 liters mixed drink between 10 of us! It was a fantastic night spent with all the dreamers. I needed a change of scenery from the club scene. It was nice just being in a bar where I could actually talk to my friends and have room to move around! But we had to call it an early night because we were going to France at 9 am the next morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment